Friday, September 23, 2016

A day in Marin

Yesterday, I took my mother-in-law to see Marin.

We started off with an easy stroll through Muir Woods to see the tall redwood trees. In the parking lot, there was this Austrian-plated Defender. I also saw three old Frenchmen pull up in perfectly restored Indian motorcycles.


On the Pacific Coast Highway, I spotted a small convoy of long wheel based Range Rovers with those swirly paint jobs to mess with spy photographers. They were right-hand drive!

On the way to lunch, I spotted not one, but two Jaguar X-Type wagons.

We dined at Avatar's in Sausalito. It's a small chain of Punjabi-inspired Mexican food. I had the ground lamb enchiladas.

On the way home, we decided to take a detour (that ended up being two hours long) through the Marin Headlands. It was unusually clear and temperate.


We walked to the Point Bonita lighthouse, which is what every ship sees upon entering the San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge.




No comments: