Thursday, April 07, 2016

Eating the Globe: El Salvador


I stopped by a Salvadoran/Mexican bakery/deli/pupuseria and had their Tipico #18: Scrambled eggs with loroco (a Central American vegetable that tasted like a cross between a broccoli stem and green bell pepper), creamy refried beans, a hunk of fresh cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and two steaming hot tortillas. 

I usually pour ketchup and hot sauce on my breakfast before I even taste it. I didn't this time. I don't think I could have tasted the mild flavor of the loroco otherwise.

Countries tried so far:
Africa: Egypt, Ethiopia, South Africa
Asia: Afghanistan, Burma, China, India, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Europe: Bosnia, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Sweden
North America: El Savador, Mexico, USA
South America: Brazil, Chile

No comments: