Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Maserati Quattroporte V

I had a lunch appointment today and my date has one of these. I followed him from his office to the restaurant and boy, is it purdy. I asked him about the reliability. He obliquely said that it was okay reliability-wise and he doesn't drive it too much. I don't know how to read the fact that he didn't want to talk about the car. Might be a sore subject.

In other news, the Saab is going to the shop on Thursday. The part for the broken brake light is finally in.

2 comments:

m4ff3w said...

Way back in the day when I first got interested in BiTroubles, I somehow got on a Maserati marketing list. I received a flyer in the mail offering a $100 gift card to Flemming's Steakhouse if I drove the '06 Quattroporte.

I phoned the dealer and spoke with a sales guy, I explained that I had not the means to purchase the car and asked if I could come in, check out the car, and have him sign it. I wouldn't take up any of his time. He kindly said to come on in and we'd take it for a drive any way. The car was quicker than I imagined, though not a whole lot quicker than my current XJR. It sounded great though.

I thanked the sales guy for his time and sure enough, a few weeks later I received the gift card in the mail. I made reservations online for my wife and I, for a nice night out. It was a very welcome date night when they were few and far between. Six months later, I received an email from Flemming's asking me to complete a survey on their online reservation system, in exchange for a $50 gift card.

Thanks Maserati!

steve-vh said...

My wife has been wanting one of these bad. That or a Fiat 500 crossover.......