Thursday, March 13, 2014

Maybe...

Now that I know I don't need a manual transmission, I have broadened my search. This one is in the color I want and I like the rims, but is a bit high mileage-wise (112k). It's a one-owner car and all of the maintenance/repair history is thoroughly documented. It's got the NA 2.4 liter and is FWD. It won't be as fun to drive, but there are less things to go wrong. The interior is going to get trashed, as our dog is slowly destroying the Honda's back seat area. I'm going to have it inspected at this place. We shall see.


6 comments:

Lukas said...

Don't know about 'merica, but in Oz you can get cargo barriers that fence off the wagon part from the back seat. Then dog goes in the back and problem solved. Safer for all concerned in case of accidents too.

Alan said...

Do it. The turbos are trouble, anyway. Even those don't handle, but for a great looking, safe, comfortable, and durable wagon this is a winner. I'd rather have a high mileage one with full records than a low mile with none.

Maxichamp said...

@Lukas: Yup, we have those as well. Will be first purchase after I get the wagon.

Maxichamp said...

@Alan: That's exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks.

Unknown said...

As I love to throw more options in the mix: I realize it is at a dealer, but it has less miles in a similar spec

http://www.volvopaloalto.com/used/Volvo/2005-Volvo-V50-a6ff45410a0a004909b44eb123e492b5.htm

Unknown said...

Also, that stick V50 with high miles is showing up back in the inventory of Capitol Mitsubishi. Or at least one with the same vin is on their website with no photos.

http://www.capitolmitsubishi.com/all-inventory/index.htm?search=2005+Volvo+V50&redirectFromMissingVDP=true