Thursday, February 06, 2014

Nostalgia: Intellivision games


In the '80s, my friends had Ataris and Commodores, but I had a weird game console. It was an Intellivision. Did you know that it's short for "intelligent television"? Isn't that fascinating and clever? It had the strangest joysticks. They were like telephones. I don't remember ever using the number pad. Instead, there were two buttons on each side and a round disc.

We only had four games. I found three of them on Youtube. The fourth one was like an Indiana Jones game, where you swung on vines to avoid crocodiles.

Here are the other games.

Armor Battle. I don't know how I spent so many hours playing this game. It was so boring.

Astrosmash. This was pretty popular. Even my mom played it.

Donkey Kong. I would compare this with the arcade version, and even my 9 year old self knew that the Intellivision version was a bit off.

2 comments:

Edvin said...

That fourth game sounds like Pitfall.

Maxichamp said...

@Edvin: I think you're right!