Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What would you say to an F1 driver? (Mercedes)


My friend is working on getting us access to the garages in the days before the F1 race in Texas this November. I give him a 50-50 chance of success. I'm excited to see (and hear) the machinery up close. But what am I going to say if I meet a driver? More importantly, would I even be able to pick Max Chilton or Giedo van der Garde out of a line-up?

Let's start with Mercedes, an easy one.

To Nico Rosberg: Dude, you're my favorite driver on the grid! Congrats on Monaco!

To Lewis Hamilton: It's great to see you thriving at Mercedes!

What would you say to them?

2 comments:

Pete Dushenski said...

You could also ask them both the following and then compare responses:

"At what point did you feel that your soul was 100% a corporatized commodity? Was it gradual or did you feel it happening all at once?"

Haha I'd expect a blank stare, maybe even a "pfff" in response. Still Jim, I double doggy dare you!

Your readers would LOVE a picture of their facial expression when you ask it.

Maxichamp said...

@Peter: I don't want to get kicked out, man! I want to stay for the race on Sunday.

Only safe, watered down questions and congratulatory comments for the drivers.

Now that's going to be tough when I see Vettel.