Friday, February 19, 2010

Car Themed Notepads

I may have gone a bit overboard. I was at the gift shop at the National Auto Museum. On a rack were notepads with pencil drawings of cars on top. They were $1 each, or six for $5. So I bought twelve of them. I need to increase the frequency of writing notes and shopping lists.

What got me interested were the cars that Reno artist Laura Lea Evans chose. There are no Mustangs, Porsches, or VW Beetles. No. All of her subjects are obscure cars that I like. What are the chances?


Alfa Giulia SS.

BMW 6 series.

2 comments:

longrooffan said...

ebay these and this olelongrooffan is all over them...

Heck, I might even remember how to write again!

Anonymous said...

As the artist and creator of the note pads, I found your comments interesting. The entire 300 plus line was discontinued in 2001 but the residual note pads were donated to the National Automobile Museum. They were all reproductions of original watercolors and not pencil drawings as you thought. Glad you found something to your liking and enjoyed seeing them on the web site once again.

Laura Lea Evans, artist.