Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What Keeps Cardiologists Busy

As we watch BMW, Ferrari, and McLaren fight for the constructor's championship this weekend in Montreal, I am reminded of the Quebecois' favorite comfort food-- the poutine. Granted, I have only read about this legendary heart-attack-on-a-plate, as I've never set foot in Quebec. It consists of French fries topped with cheese curds and brown gravy. A detailed recipe can be found here.


This reminds me of another gooey mess, my favorite Hawaiian dish-- the loco moco. Just looking at a picture of it gives me tight chest pains. It is a layered amalgam of steamed white rice, a hamburger patty or two, a fried egg or two, and brown gravy. Just make sure there is an idling ambulance nearby when you eat it.


My Canada Grand Prix prediction: Kubica will mentally block out last season's crash, qualify second, and win on Sunday.

CKY

2 comments:

Brent Wong said...

I saw your post from Jalopnik and decided to browse around. Just wanted to confirm that the Loco Moco is still a favorite dish of many here in Hawaii. It is 'Mo bettah' with fried rice too, which can be found at Likelike Drive In here in Honolulu.

Maxichamp said...

Hi Brent, I am definitely not a local, but if you need some suggestions for eateries on Maui or the Big Island, check these posts out.

Maui:
http://karakullake.blogspot.com/2007/01/5-maui-eateries-worth-visiting.html

Big Island:
http://karakullake.blogspot.com/2007/07/big-island-of-hawaii-5-ono.html